Frontiers is a structured individual program which results are backed by scientific studies and meta-analysis. It helps adults with borderline personality disorders develop healthy lifestyles, increase their social role and regain their professional status.
Target clientele and criteria
- Being afflicted with borderline personality disorder;
- Seeing a psychiatrist or general practice doctor supporting the Linehan approach;
- Not being under heavy medication.
- Introduction to competency training;
- Knowledge of the illness;
- Behaviours to curb and behaviours to encourage;
- Review of daily self-observation logs;
- Focus on disorder schemas (Young approach);
- Introduction to, discussion and practical application of competencies in the global consciousness process;
- Reaching significant levels of change in relationships, increased awareness of emotional reactions and tolerance to distress;
- Acceptation of reality;
- Reduced vulnerability to negative emotions;
- Keeping a diary;
- Recovering a professional role within the framework of social participation.
Frontiers is an individual program with weekly sessions at our offices over a period of 12 weeks, with a possibility of 15 weeks in some special cases. During the program, the insured must actively participate and complete various documents at home to promote the scope of our interventions.